Theater Scoutings Berlin in cooperation with INTERNATIONAL NOTICE
Season of Performance Writing #2
Application Deadline: July 15, 2018
INTERNATIONAL NOTICE is an artist-led project generating a constantly evolving archive of original, high-quality critical writing in response to performance on the Berlin independent performing arts scene. This open call is for artists who are interested in having members of the public write personal responses to their work. A Season of Performance Writings #2 is a project conceived in collaboration with THEATERSCOUTINGS BERLIN.
How will it work?
INTERNATIONAL NOTICE: Season of Performance Writing #2 is a performance writing course that runs from October to December 2018. We invite members of the public to attend the Dress Rehearsals of work being made on the independent performing arts scene. In the week following the rehearsal, the writers will come together in a workshop space to write lively, personal responses to the work. These responses will then be compiled and shared with the makers and the venue.
In order for your performance to be included in the project, ensure that it fulfills the following criteria:
- Your performance is being presented in Berlin as part of the independent performing arts scene
- Premieres and subsequent runs are both eligible
- All categories of live performance are eligible (dance, theatre, performance, etc).
- As this season will be run in English, performances should be accessible to German and non-German speakers.
- The Dress Rehearsal for the piece must take place in Berlin between October and December 2018.
- It must be possible for up to 15 members of the public to attend, plus the INTERNATIONAL NOTICE and Theaterscoutings Berlin teams (up to 5 additional people).
- The Dress Rehearsal must be scheduled for an evening, and to be finished by 22.00 latest, to allow time for the writers to respond.
- Artists are expected to facilitate communication between the venue and the INTERNATIONAL NOTICE and Theaterscoutings Berlin teams to arrange a space for the group to write.
- Three artists will be selected for this season by the end of July. If selected, you will be expected to confirm participation and send your finalised dates, press texts, and press photo before August 15th.
Please note this Open Call applies to performances that are already scheduled to take place. We do not offer funding for planned performances, nor do we offer a platform for ad hoc performances that are not already programmed.
If you are interested in finding out more and registering your interest to take part as a maker, please fill out the form by midnight 15th July 2018 at www.internationalnotice.org/open-call
For questions, or further information, contact: international.notice(at)gmail.com
INTERNATIONAL NOTICE is a working group formed out of How Do We Work it, an initiative of Berlin choreographers to meet, speak and reflect on current working conditions in contemporary art in Berlin.
THEATERSCOUTINGS BERLIN is a project of the Berlin Performing Arts Program and opens a path to the independent performing arts community in Berlin. In collaboration with over 30 cooperation partners, Theaterscoutings offers a monthly alternating schedule of programming. Post-performance discussions and pre-performance introductions, workshops and formats such as jam sessions or rehearsal visits are held.