Call for Applications 2020-2021 Mentoring Program
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
The Mentoring Program is intended for artists and culture makers of all ages who are planning to begin working within the independent performing arts community in Berlin. Experienced mentors, including, amongst others, artists, dramaturgs and producers as well as representatives of established performance venues and institutions within Berlin’s independent performing arts community support newcomers of great potential from all work areas and genres within the independent performing arts.
Within each Group, 15 mentees will benefit from the experience of their mentors, who will provide them with intense support in individual meetings over the course of 1.5 years.
The 2020—2021 Mentoring Program includes:
- Support and recurring individual meetings by experienced mentors over a period of 1.5 years
- Two workshops per year on various topics with focuses including concept and strategy planning, financing of projects, submitting funding applications, PR work, et cetera.
- Two network meetings per year whose focus is placed on exchange within the Group as well as with the alumni network
- Access to a high-quality and open network for the independent performing arts community as well as additional open networking meetings
- Additional support from the coordinators of the Mentoring Program
- Access to the additional offers of the Berlin Performing Arts Program
Requirements for Participation
The prerequisites for inclusion within the mentoring program are that the participants will work primarily in Berlin for the next 1.5 years, that they have a good proficiency in the German language and are planning to begin working within the independent performing arts community.
We expect the coordination of the individual meetings between mentor and mentee will be conducted independently and that the mentees will continuously take part in the additional opportunities (workshops, network meetings) that the mentoring program offers.
We ask you to please submit a resume that clearly illustrates your professional/artistic development as well as a statement of motivation that clarifies your outlook and plans for the coming 1.5 years as well as your desire to participate in the program. What motivates me? What do I want to work on? What do I expect from the Mentoring Program? What are my long-term goals? In addition, you are welcome to provide additional references.
To the Application Form
The coordinators of the program will make an initial preselection from the applications; the final selection will be made together by the coordinators and the mentors.
We ask all applicants to please note the following dates:
Submission of the applications: By March 15, 2020
Selection of the mentees: By April 17, 2020
Launch of the 2020/2021 Group with a shared kick-off party for mentees and mentors: May 5, 2020, 6:00 pm
Kick-off workshop (1st workshop of the Group): May 6, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Applications must be submitted exclusively in the form of an email with attached application form, resume and possible additional references and sent to: