2018 – 2019 Mentoring Program “Newcomers”
Target Group: Newcomers to Berlin’s independent performing arts community
The mentoring program is intended for newcomers of all ages who are planning to begin working within the independent performing arts community in Berlin. Within each Group, ten mentees will benefit from the experience of their mentors, who will provide them with intense support in individual coaching sessions over the course of 1.5 years.
The mentoring program "Newcomers" includes:
- Supervision and recurring individual coaching sessions by experienced mentors over a period of 1.5 years
- Two workshops on various topics with focuses including concept and strategy planning, financing of projects, submitting funding applications, PR work, et cetera.
- Additional support from the coordinators of the Mentoring Program
- Access to a high-quality and open network for the independent performing arts community as well as regular networking meetings
- Access to the additional offers of the Performing Arts Program
Requirements for Participation
The prerequisites for inclusion within the mentoring program are that the participants will have their primary residence for the next three years in Berlin, good proficiency in the German language and are planning to begin working within the independent performing arts community.
To apply, we ask you to submit a resume as well as a statement of motivation that illuminates your plans for the next 1.5 years and your motivation for participating in the program. Additionally you may hand in further references.
Applications for the 2018 group can be submitted until April 3, 2018.
To the application form.
Applications can only be sent by email with the attached application form, a CV as well as further references if applicable to:
The coordinators of the program will make an initial preselection from the applications; the final selection will be made together by the coordinators and the mentors.
- Submission of the applications: until April 3, 2018
- Pre-selection of the participants: until April 8, 2018
- Selection of the mentees by the mentors: until the end of April 2018
- Launch of the 2018 group with a shared kick-off party for mentees
and mentors: May 16, 2018, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Introductory seminar to the Mentoring Program for the mentees: May 31 - June 2, 2018
Sabrina Apitz | Information, Consulting & Qualification
Telefon: +49 30 303 687 85
Monday to Thursday
11am – 2pm
Pappelallee 15, 10437 Berlin
(only with appointment)
Overview of the Mentors and Mentees
Experienced mentors, including representatives of established venues in Berlin's independent performing arts community, support newcomers with potential in the fields of dance, theater, performance and production. You can find an overview of the mentors and mentees for the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 groups here.