Mentoring Program "On Arrival" 2018 – 2019
Target group: Newcomers to the independent performing arts community who have arrived in Berlin as non-native German speakers and who are looking for support to be provided in English
The mentoring program is intended for newcomers of all ages who are planning to begin working within the independent performing arts community in Berlin and are specifically looking for support to be provided in English. The mentors, like the mentees, are non-native German speakers who have sought and found a place for themselves within Berlin's independent performing arts community. Within each Group, two mentees will benefit from the experience of their mentors, who will provide them with intense support in individual coaching sessions over the course of 1.5 years.
The mentoring program "On Arrival" includes:
- Supervision and recurring individual coaching sessions by experienced mentors over a period of 1.5 years
- Participation in the seminar series pre.formance reloaded (5 seminars which build upon each other: from the first idea for a performance to networking and communication)
- The option to participate in the German-language workshops on various topics with focuses including concept and strategy planning, financing of projects, submitting funding applications, PR work, et cetera
- Additional support from the coordinators of the Mentoring Program
- Access to a high-quality and open network for the independent performing arts community as well as regular networking meetings
- Access to the additional offers of the Performing Arts Program
Requirements for ParticipationThe participants should clarify why they would like to participate in the English-language version of the mentoring program.ApplicationTo apply, we ask you to submit a resume as well as a statement of motivation that illuminates your plans for the next 1.5 years and your motivation for participating in the program. In addition, you are welcome to provide additional references.
All applicants should note the following dates:
- Kick-off of the 2018 Group with an initial individual coaching session between mentee and mentor as well as the coordinator of the Mentoring Program: beginning of September 2018
- Seminar dates for pre.formance reloaded: Kick-Off night: October 10, 6:00 pm -8:00 pm, seminars A-E: October 11, October 31, November 13, November 28, December 12, all from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Network meeting: November 22, 2018