Mentoring Program "Text" 2018 - 2019
In cooperation with: Lettrétage
Target Group: Writers within the independent performing arts community or those having a desire to join the independent performing arts community
The Mentoring Program “Text” of the Performing Arts Program is intended for members of the independent performing arts community who primarily work on writing for the stage. Within each Group, two mentees will benefit from the experience of their mentors, who will be selected in cooperation with Lettrétage. They will provide their mentees with intense support over the course of individual coaching sessions.
The mentoring program “Text” includes:
- Support and occasional individual coaching sessions over a period of 1.5 years with individually selected topics by experienced mentors (selected by Lettrétage)
- Two workshops on various topics with focuses including concept and strategy planning, financing of projects, submitting funding applications, PR work, et cetera.
- Additional support from the coordinators of the Mentoring Program
- Access to a high-quality and open network for the independent performing arts community as well as regular networking meetings
- Access to the additional offers of the Performing Arts Program
Prerequisites for joining the mentoring program “Text”
- Writers within the independent performing arts community or those planning to join the independent performing arts community
- Primary residence in Berlin for the coming 1.5 years and officially registered in Berlin
- Strong language proficiency in German
We ask you to submit a resume which illustrates your professional/artistic development as well as a statement of motivation (application form) which discusses your motivation as an artist in the field of music for participating in this program, your connection to the independent performing arts community, your expectations as well as your ideas, plans and goals.
Until April 22, 2018: Submission of the applications
Until April 24, 2018: Pre-selection of the participants
Until May 02, 2018: Selection of the mentees by the mentors
May 16, 2018, 6:00 – 8:00 pm: Launch of the 2018 group with a shared kick-off party for mentees and mentors
May 31 – June 2, 2018: Introductory seminar to the Mentoring Program for the mentees